During the Google I/O conference in San Francisco on May 19, 2010 Adobe Systems Incorporated announced the Adobe HTML5 Pack. This is a set of HTML5 tools created as an extension to Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.
With this extension Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 gains initial support for HTML5 and CSS3. Adobe CS5 users will be able to appreciate easy creation of HTML5 pages and CSS3 styles. Also Design View and Live View rendering have been updated and improved.
Follow along as Principal Scientist Jorge Taylor demonstrates a Dreamweaver CS5 HTML5 Pack Extension that provides more creative options to Adobe Creative Suite 5 users.
The following features will be available in Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 after installation of the HTML5 pack:
– Multiscreen Preview allows viewing you webpage on 3 various screen sizes: the desktop, tablet and a mobile phone;
– Media Query support;
– Code hinting for the HTML5 Tag Library with new tags, attributes, and properties.
– Updated code hinting for new attributes and values in existing HTML tags.
– New code hinting for such CSS3 capabilities as 2D/3D Transformations, Animations, Background and Border; Basic User Interface, Line Layout, Marquee, Media Queries, MultiColumn, Ruby, Text and Transitions.
– Live Video updated to support video and audio.
– Improved rendering for CSS3 in Live View
– HTML5 starter layouts in the New Document Dialog box
You can download the Adobe HTML5 Pack free of charge here http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/html5pack.html